Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sunday Student Artist Spotlight: Emma H.!

This week's Student Artist Spotlight is Emma H.!

Emma H. is an 11th grader at Monroe Township High School in Monroe. Her art teacher is Maria Naumik.

In regards to her Journey Though Art, Emma writes, "A picture is worth a thousand words. As I’ve continued down the path of my artistic journey throughout the years, many of my perceptions of art have changed and developed. For a long time, I believed that good art was defined by how realistically I could draw a subject, or how productive I was. Now, as I continue to learn, I’ve realized that art isn’t about creating a copy of reality. Art a way for the artist to show how they perceive the world so that they can tell a story without having to say anything. Even as trek deeper into the art world, picking up new techniques that would have flown over my younger self’s head, the joy that comes with creating each drawing has always been there. At the bottom line, no matter where I have been or may be on my artistic journey, I believe that if I genuinely feel happy while creating and proud while looking back at a piece of artwork, then I can call it art."




Congratulations, Emma!

If you would like to recognize your student artist for our spotlight segment, please fill out the google form: https://forms.gle/3mnwMBoVJoaqbuph6

No comments: