Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sunday Student Artist Spotlight: Angela P.!

This week's Student Artist Spotlight is Angela P.!

Angela is an 12th grader at Sayreville War Memorial High School in Parlin. Her art teacher is Katherine Mojzsis.

In regards to her Journey Though Art, Angela writes, "For my entire life, art has been a constant. As a little girl, drawing consumed most of my free time and continued to do so over the following years. I quickly realized that art wasn’t just a pastime, but it was my passion. Throughout all of the ups and downs of high school and moving towns, I’ve always been able to fall back on art to express myself and my creativity. However, with the pressure of choosing a lucrative career senior year, I pushed art to the side. I was scared that I couldn’t pursue my passion while also being successful. Nevertheless, encouragement from family and friends led me to the realization that art was not just a hobby, and wasn't something I could stop. Art is a part of me, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life doing what I love."




Congratulations, Angela!

If you would like to recognize your student artist for our spotlight segment, please fill out the google form: https://forms.gle/3mnwMBoVJoaqbuph6

No comments: