Sunday, May 31, 2020

Sunday Student Artist Spotlight: Melissa K.!

This week's Student Artist Spotlight is Melissa K.!

Melissa is an 8th grader at Buena Regional Middle School in Buena, NJ. Her art teacher is Liza Schlienger.

In regards to her Journey Though Art, Melissa writes, " I am 14 years old and have been involved in many different types of art styles throughout my life. My journey began at the age of 5 years old when I started drawing small tiny pictures on the walls in my house. Some of the pictures still exist to this day on the walls of my home. After drawing on the walls, my parents decided to find an art class where I could learn, improve, and express myself through my artwork. My parents eventually finally found an Art Studio that had different age and skill levels to start my possible career. Since my first lesson, I have learned many things over the years and enjoyed my instructors. I am still attending the same Art Studio class with the kids that I started with. I have been involved with the “The Barn Art Studio” for almost 8 years now. Since joining the art studio, I have learned many different forms of art and the history behind it. In the future I hope to experience more styles of art. With the support of my family and friends I wish to continue to pursue my art career. In particular my mom and dad have been very supportive by encouraging me to chase any opportunity given to me, and have supplied me with the tools needed to do so. Not to mention I have been inspired by my art teacher at school, instructors at the studio, and my peers to keep progressing my own art style. 

Despite starting art at a young age, I realize that I still have a lot to learn. The art world has so many different styles of works from the past and present for me to discover. I hope to pick up these types of art styles as I continue my art journey. By grasping these new techniques I hope to one day be a bigger person in the art community. Either way I will continue making sketches, painting, and charcoal drawings because that’s what got me started down this path."





Congratulations, Melissa!

If you would like to recognize your student artist for our spotlight segment, please fill out the google form: https://forms.gle/3mnwMBoVJoaqbuph6

No comments: