Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Atlantic & Cape May Counties' YAM

Linda Devlin attended the Atlantic County Cape May YAM Show at the Noyes Museum. The show was wonderful. Sharon Reustle does such a wonderful job organizing this event; her students even help hang the show. Below is a picture of Sharon with her student helpers.
Student artists and parents wondered around looking at their artwork and were able to take advantage of four other galleries filled with art work by David Ahlsted, and an exhibit titled National Association of Women Artists: Celebrating 120 Years.

The Atlantic and Cape May Counties' YAM has their own gallery and art work literally goes from floor to ceiling and back again. This show was interesting because there was a sound presence of art work created by high school students. Nice to see!

Linda Devlin, AENJ President, stated "I believe this is the last YAM show that I know of. I really have enjoyed my YAM journey across the state of NJ. Next year I promise to try and get to more exhibits. I am impressed by the great work done by our students and the amazing job of the YAM Chairs! Carrie I thank you on behalf of AENJ for the wonderful leadership you provided for these chairs. Your dedication to Advocacy is astounding."

No comments: